Hire a Trekinetic – Terms and Conditions
Beyond The Boundary Wheelchairs
Terms and Conditions of Trekinetic Hire
The Trekientic Wheelchair is the property of Beyond The Boundary Wheelchairs.
The Trekinetic will, hopefully, provide access opportunities to people allowing them to explore a variety of terrains. It is however necessary that we protect this piece of equipment and to assist us in doing so, please read and sign the terms and conditions of hire below. Thank you.
1. Whilst we make every effort to ensure that the chair is maintained in a fully serviceable state, we shall not be held responsible for any failure, loss or inconvenience caused by the Trekinetic not functioning or battery failure.
2. The user accepts and agrees that use of the Trekinetic is entirely at his or her own risk and the user is fully responsible for any damage caused either to themselves or to any third party.
3. The user agrees to read and adhere to the instructions within the manual provided.
4.The user accepts that the GTE can tip forward if the joystick is uncontrollably released, and is further aware that it is possible under certain circumstances (hill descents, tight turns etc) for the chair to tip the user out.
5. The user is aware that when using the chair on rough terrain and / or going downhill, the seat should be fully reclined and the camber set to the ‘Mean’ position.
6. Users are required to exercise due care and judgement when operating the Trekinetic and when assessing the suitability of the paths they are using.
7. Users will be held responsible for the cost of any repairs if the Trekinetic is damaged due to misuse of the user
8. Users should not leave the Trekinetic unattended or abandoned. If the chair is left it should be chained to an immoveable object. If left in the car for more than 1 hour it must be completely out of sight i.e in the boot, and the car must be locked
9. Only one person at a time is permitted to use the Trekinetic and users are not permitted to carry children or cumbersome articles, which may impede the operation of the chair.
10. The chair is to be returned in the same condition in which it was received. Should there be any damage, the user will be responsible for the cost of repairs as quoted by the Trekinetic Factory to a maximum of £500.
11. The chair is not to be taken out of the country or is not to be taken abroad.
12. Children must be at least 10 years of age unless accompanied by an adult at all times.